The Max Planck Institute for Astronomy (MPIA) is happy to announce the upcoming meeting “Intergalactic Matters.” This weeklong workshop will take place June 16–20, 2014, at the MPIA in Heidelberg, Germany. Continua a leggere Intergalactic Matters
The Southern California Center for Galaxy Evolution (CGE) and the University of California High-Performance AstroComputing Center (HiPACC) are bringing together theorists and observers for a three-day conference on the Near-Field Deep-Field Connection.
Topics of the workshop to be covered will include:
- local relics of reionization,
- connections between first stars and local metallicity,
- the evidence for and impact of IMF variation,
- the CGM of the Milky Way and beyond,
- dwarf galaxies at high and low z, and
- star-formation histories near and far.