The Southern California Center for Galaxy Evolution (CGE) and the University of California High-Performance AstroComputing Center (HiPACC) are bringing together theorists and observers for a three-day conference on the Near-Field Deep-Field Connection.
Topics of the workshop to be covered will include:
- local relics of reionization,
- connections between first stars and local metallicity,
- the evidence for and impact of IMF variation,
- the CGM of the Milky Way and beyond,
- dwarf galaxies at high and low z, and
- star-formation histories near and far.