Particle Physics and Cosmology will emphasize the increasing interplay between high energy accelerator based physics and cosmology. The conference will consist of plenary sessions for invited in depth oral presentations (review talks and talks on specific specialised topics), and contributed papers, in the form of relatively short talks.
We will aim to achieve a balance between review talks, provocative talks given by recognized specialists, and shorter contributions, special emphasis being placed on active participation by younger researchers and post-docs. This will be the 27th meeting in this series of annual international multidisciplinary meetings, created in 1989 by Jean Trân Thanh Vân and which has in the past covered many topics in physics, astronomy and biology.
Topics will include:
- the Standard Model in particle physics, in new data and analyses
- the characterization of the Higgs boson
- theories of and searches for physics beyond the Standard Model
- heavy flavour physics
- neutrino physics (astrophysical and laboratory)
- dark matter, dark energy and recent advances in cosmology