The Special Astrophysical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences will organize a traditional International conference “Physics and Evolution of Magnetic and Related stars” during the period from August 25 to August 31, 2014.
The meeting will take place in the Special Astrophysical Observatory in Nizhniy Arkhyz near Zelenchukskaja of the Karachai-Cherkess Republic of Russia in the North Caucasus mountains (near the Russian 6m telescope).
The programm of the conference is expected to be traditional:
- evolution of CP and related stars,
- stellar magnetic fields across the Main Sequence and beyond,
- interplay of pulsations and magnetism in B, A, and F stars,
- mapping the stellar surfaces,
- PMS progenitors of magnetic A and B stars,
- chemical abundance patterns of CP and related stars,
- magnetic white dwarfs,
- magnetic fields and exoplanets,
- atmospheres in the presence of magnetic fields,
- new instruments and new codes.