The 19th European Workshop on White Dwarfs will be held in Montréal, Canada on August 11-15th, 2014. This meeting will be marking the 40th anniversary of this series of workshops which started in Kiel, Germany, in 1974. The topics to be covered at the conference will be similar to those of the previous meetings.
Therefore, contributions in all areas of white dwarf (WD) research are welcome, including properties of WD’s in binaries, but excluding the general fields of CV’s, hot subdwarf stars and planetary nebulae. The list of topics includes:
- WD structure and evolution
- Progenitors and central stars of planetary nebulae
- Binaries: WD’s in CV’s, double degenerates, WD/brown dwarf systems, etc.
- WD’s dust disks and planetary systems
- Atmospheres, chemical composition, magnetic fields
- Pulsating WD’s
- WD’s in stellar clusters and in the halo
- WD’s as SN Ia progenitors